The Theresa Dove Waters scholarship was established by Gwinnett Pearls of Service and Upsilon Alpha Omega Chapter in honor of Theresa Dove Waters a former professor at Gainesville State College. Theresa Dove Waters was a supporter of education, a respected citizen of the Gainesville Community, and a visionary charter member of Upsilon Alpha Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.
The book scholarship is a need based award. Scholarship amount is dependent upon available funds each academic year. Recipients of the scholarship will be notified of the award amount.
- Must be a member of the Black Student Association
- Education Major
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours (full time status)
- Must complete 30 credit hours
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be involved in community service
Applications for the Theresa Dove Waters Scholarship must be submitted to the Director of the Office for Diversity Initiatives and Intercultural Relations at Gainesville State College. Check with the office for deadlines.